Our thoughts are with all of those affected by Hurricane Harvey, and we are committed to helping however we can. The Texas Diaper Bank is actively distributing Honest disaster relief kits to those in need. With the help of Baby2Baby and National Diaper Bank Network, we are donating an additional 100,000 products — including diapers, feminine care, infant formula, cleaning and personal care products — to local nonprofits supporting areas affected by the hurricane. We are also matching cash donations made by Honest employees, up to $1,200.
We hope that you will join us in supporting relief efforts. Here are 7 ways that you can help out.
- Donate money. Monetary donations are the quickest way to help, no matter where you live. National nonprofits like American Red Cross and Salvation Army are collecting dedicated donations online, as are local funds like those set up by United Way Houston and the Greater Houston Community Foundation.
- Supply products. The Texas Diaper Bank accepts cash donations, as well as diapers and other essentials dropped off or mailed to their location. Current requests from responding diaper banks include diapers, formula, feminine care, personal care and cleaning products.
- Give to food banks. A number of food banks will be aiding the affected region. The Houston Press has shared a list of all food banks in the area, and Feeding Texas is helping to coordinate donation collection and distribution. Most of these food banks accept online cash donations as well as in-kind — you can call directly to find out what is needed most.
- Give blood. Donations of blood are also needed, especially from those with type O. Contact AABB, America’s Blood Centers or American Red Cross to find out where donations can be made in your area.
- Share your space. If you have an open room available, Airbnb is helping coordinate temporary housing for those that have been evacuated.
- Volunteer. Shelters and food banks both have a need volunteers. Volunteers will also be needed once the storm has cleared, and you can pre-register to help with Volunteer Houston.
- Support displaced pets. The SPCA of Texas is accepting financial and in-kind donations for evacuees’ pets coming to shelters. They have also issued a call for new foster volunteers based in the North Texas area to help animals already in their shelters